Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lies

                         . Lies .      
How often do we listen to them?

                   "I need to be this"                                                                 "I'm not good enough"


  
1 Peter 3:3-4
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

Romans 12:2 
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.



1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."


Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.


Psalm 138:8 
The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever-do not abandon the works of your hands.


Romans 5:8
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." 


God's love for us is unconditional. We deserve nothing less than Hell, and yet God chose to love us and help us, and give us a way to know Him!  Why do we feel the need to be perfect? Through Christ we are made perfectly complete.  We can't ever be perfect in ourselves, or satisfy ourselves with ourselves. The answer is always Jesus. 

"Why do I feel so ugly?"  "Why can't I do anything right?"
                                                  "I'm not good enough"
  ... Go to Jesus; He can fix anything!  :)   

I think one of the hardest things for me is to go to God when I feel, anything really: anger, sadness, that I am a failure, that I'm not good enough, even that I'm too good...  What I should do, is go to Him and talk to Him about it.  I keep things inside me and it get's twisted around to be more, or less, than what it should be. And that is when the LIES come in to play.  

My challenge for you (and for me)  is to go to Christ right away, - talk to God, read His word, - when you feel out of place. He can set it straight and protect you from the lies. It's all in the choice of weather or not to go to your perfect King.  


"If we are not perfect how will we make it?"
Our Savior is perfect; Our Friend in Jesus is PERFECT; Our God is perfect; And our King, the creator of the universe, is perfect, and is with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment