Saturday, June 7, 2014

Stone Ears

What do I say?

What words can I give?

These people want to die

Rather than live.

I can't save them

My words are so few.

They don't understand

Because they just don't know you.

They speak of bars,

And I've never seen them.

They talk of prisons,

But I only see freedom.

We fight to the death

And we waste all our breath 

With loud shouts just to prove

How I win and you lose.


I don't know what words to say,

Because they don't want to hear.

I don't know how to save,

But that's not why I'm here.

Use me anyway you want

Because a hero is what I am not.

Just take these hands of mine

Because it's getting so hard to find

The right things to do.


I don't know what to say to these people

Because they really want to hear themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment