Sunday, June 8, 2014

Make it 99

I didn't start this poem series, but my best friend did. She came up with the idea for a blog and her first poem that she put up was for her summary. It was a poem about how even when times are tough and we may have 100 steps until we finally are free, but tonight we'll take that first step at least. 

The whole idea was so perfect to me. Flawless. It was just such an inspirational and motivating poem. I immediately became attached to the idea. I asked her later if we could write a poem series about our struggles along the way to  breaking free from what binds us. She agreed, but soon we both forgot. Recently... I've been really struggling. My thoughts are spinning around in my head and I feel like I have no where to go. So I've been writing more in this series. It's super awesome because I bring my thoughts to paper and then from there to God. I feel like this is how I am able to grow even closer to him. 

I thank my friend for her marvelous idea. But mostly I'm just happy that I can maybe help someone stuck like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment