Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jesus is My Answer


The Bible says that if we call on His name, we will be saved

 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of 
              the LORD shall be saved." Romans 10:13 (KJV)

My Answer 


Jesus is the answer to everything when we open up our hearts to accept Him and take on the opportunity to trust in Him.  Unfortunately, I have to keep learning this truth the hard way.
Sometimes it feels like there is no one holding me, that I am alone, that God just isn't really with me anymore or even out there at all! It is all beyond false, no mater what I let myself believe, though,  (THANK GOD!) because He is ALWAYS with me, and ALWAYS there to help me through!

A couple of my favorite verses include encouraging promises from God:

"May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant."  Psalm119:76

"... because God has said 'Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?'"  Hebrews 13:5-6

I have been through a lot of hard times, lately in particular, just like everyone else. I've felt alone for reasons I couldn't control, discontent because of present circumstances, unloved because of people I didn't have, broken because of mistakes I couldn't take back, helpless because of things I couldn't fix, left behind just because of how things turned out, scared of outcomes over which I had no say,  and so on.
 Granted,  sometimes I may put the problems on myself. This might be because I am ashamed, or believe the lies that are in my head. In those cases I wouldn't have ever had such issues if I'd just confessed my faults to someone or brought my troubles to God; But instead, a mountain was left to build up deep inside of me.  Regardless, life (and sin) present real problems and real hurts. We've all been through them and will always go through them until the day we are with Jesus in Heaven.

Often times I try and hide my problems, and God is the last person I want to talk to.  Usually I don't want to talk to anyone at all! This isn't to say that I don't ever want help or that I don't want peace or answers. Of course I do!  The sad thing is that I look for security elsewhere. I'll waste away my time on the computer hoping for a sense of purpose, drown out my life by listening to music or watching other people's lives on TV, cry until all I feel like doing is dying, mope, or, (rarely) I will talk to someone.  
.BUT.
The real answer, and the real hope, is found in Christ alone! God dose give us people in our lives to help us, but He wants us to go to Him, too, because He knows what's best for us, and He is always what is best.

"Then you will call and the Lord will answer, you will cry for help, and He will say 'HERE AM I'" Isiah 58:9

Although I never FEEL like going to God at first, once I choose to, I feel His peace wash over me. I know that I can talk to Him about anything, that He knows everything already, and that I can ask Him for anything.  A lot of times I ask Him for wisdom or for the desire to go to Him.  He gives me so much! The key is to ask.  He will give, but He wants us to ask Him first.  He wants us to want the gifts He can give, and to have true gratitude in our hearts.

When I go to my King He is more than a Father, more than a perfect ruler, more than a Friend and a helper; He is my life, my salvation, my happiness and joy, my strength, my security, my all in all and so much more!  God is always looking out for me and wants what is best for me.  He will help me through anything in my life. What a privilege it is to  be able to lean on Him and give up my burdens to Him.  He is the answer. He wipes away my tears.






..The path to life.  In Him we don't just survive, we LIVE and have life everlasting!  



"Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  Matthew 11:28-30 

 How has Jesus been your answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment