Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm not a missionary kid, but I still love Jesus!

     Hello! My name is Sophia, and I am NOT a missionary kid. Though I am not a missionary kid, I still love the Lord. I have actually never been out of the United States, to minister at least. I go to a Christian school, and I have Christian friends – but bad choices still present themselves. And I still give in. Each and everyday I find myself finding the joy that the Lord has given to me. While im not a missionary, I still do the Lords “mission work”. At my school there are people who come in hating the Lord, and I try my best to show them how wonderful Christ is. 

    A few short months ago, in walked a girl, who seemed troubled. I started to talk to her, and she told me everything wrong in her life – it seemed pretty bad. But I had to remind her that Jesus loves everyone, and forgives every sin. A few weeks passed, and I then asked her how she liked school her response was “it is the worst school I have ever been to, and I hate how everyone is always talking about this God”. In all honesty, I was shocked! I started to ease her into the idea of Christ, and now she is a Christian! Here is the verse that changed her mind “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. Mark 11:25


Sophia
    
     

2 comments:

  1. That's really great Sophia! In my opinion, America is one of the places that really needs missionaries anyway! That's a good verse too. What version is it, may I ask?

    It's really cool that you are brave enough to do stuff like that. You're a good friend. Somtimes it's hard just to start being friends with someone (I'm not good at it) but I think you are. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! America is one of the most "God deprived" nations in the world! The verse is NIV - i got it from my bible at school, and then I got it off of biblegateway.com ...

    I've gotten less shy since a few years ago, and I honestly care about everyone at school, so yeah.... Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete