Monday, June 4, 2012

Brother, Be Young

This isn't about me. It's about a girl I know. Poor thing. She is pretty bummed out about life right now. I wrote this poem based on her and from her perspective.
__________________________________________________________



my dear brother, I love and I miss
he doesn't think when he acts, and it hits like a fist

Mother, dear Mother, it's SO unfair
you give me these rules, but let him dye his hair?!

I want him to change, I wish he'd be kind
he's ruined his life, and with that ruined mine

I miss our young days, when we played and were friends
does he think of me now? do those days have an end?

I love him so much, but he's dieing inside
I want him to love me, but he wants to hide


__________________________________________________________

Even though what's going on with her has nothing to do with me, I feel like I have the same feelings as her right now, and I am truly sad with her today. To anyone like me who might have a friend that is really depressed, my advice is plain and simply to point them to Jesus. Sometimes, though, they just need someone to listen.  Just give them an ear - just listen. Let them yell at you. Who else do they have to yell at and get their feelings out to? That is what friends are for.   :)  And Jesus is our best friend. We can always talk to Him as well.


Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


Colossians 3:15 NIV
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.





1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry :(.... I really like the poem though and you've now inspired me to write another song/poem, I'll be praying for your friend and I'm pretty sure I know who it is and I'm sorry

    ReplyDelete